Welcome to the Data Exchange training module – Administrator functions - Reference data.
The following is navigation information for non-mouse users:
- The space bar is similar to the play/pause button and will play or pause the presentation.
- The left arrow is similar to the back and previous buttons and will go to the previous screen.
- The right arrow is similar to the forward and next buttons and will go to the next screen.
- The tab button will allow you to move through to the different elements on a page and using tab then the enter button will access information within those elements.
- The esc button is similar to the exit button and will exit out of the presentation.
- The end button is similar to the skip button and will skip a section of the presentation.
Select Next to continue.
As an Administrator there are many functions that you can perform for your organisation such as:
- complete a User Access Request form
- add users for your organisation
- create and manage outlets
- bulk upload client, case and session information, and
- access Reference data files.
This module will discuss how to access Reference data information.
The Reference data section is only for those organisations that perform bulk uploads into the Data Exchange.
Files that contain all the Data Exchange codes can be downloaded through Reference data.
It is recommended that these files are downloaded regularly to ensure that an organisation is up to date with the different Data Exchange codes.
Once the Reference Data file has been downloaded, contact your IT vendor to ascertain if any information or codes need to be updated so that any future bulk XML uploads are successful.
To access Reference data files click on Reference data on the home page.
The Reference data page will appear displaying the following information:
- File upload XML schema
The uploaded XML file is validated against the rules defined in the XML schema file. If the XML file contains invalid reference codes, the XML file is rejected and the process of file upload fails. Service providers are recommended to validate their XML files against the provided XML Schema file before uploading bulk data. This process only needs to be done before the first upload. You will be notified when changes to the coding occurs and it is recommended that your organisation download these files at that time as well.
- Reference data
This is a XML file which contains the reference data codes used by the Data Exchange. Service providers are responsible for downloading this reference data and using the codes contained within it for the XML file that is uploaded to the Data Exchange.
- Outlet and Programme activities data
Is a XML file which contains the information about the outlets and programme activities for the service provider’s organisation. Service providers are responsible for downloading this file and then using the codes contained within for the XML file that is uploaded to the Data Exchange.
- Organisation activities data
Is a XML file which contains the information about the activities for the service provider’s organisation. Service providers are responsible for downloading this file and using the codes contained within for the XML file that is uploaded to the Data Exchange.
Once you have completed the appropriate action, click Home to return to the home page.
In order to successfully build an XML file compatible to the Data Exchange please refer to the Bulk File Upload Technical Specifications.
The Data Exchange Technical Specifications are intended for service providers wanting to use bulk XML uploads to submit their data to the Data Exchange.
The Technical Specifications detail the technical requirements for uploading a XML file on to the Data Exchange, and are primarily aimed at IT managers, system developers and software providers. This document covers the following:
- Interface details – such as technical infrastructure, security and authentication
- The relationship to Reference data files
- Data element validation rules
- Bulk Upload XML File – data formats, commonly used data terms and examples, and
- Error processing.
The Frequently Asked Technical Questions document also provides further information.
There is a wealth of information and support material available to assist you in using the Data Exchange effectively. These include the Data Exchange website, the Protocols document, task cards along with other eLearning modules and Helpdesk.
Select the icons below to access these.
Thank you for viewing this information, select Exit to close the module.
This module will discuss how to access Reference data information. The Reference data section is only for those organisations that perform bulk uploads into the Data Exchange.