AUSkey will be decommissioned on 31 March 2020 and the Data Exchange will be transitioning to new authentication methods. We are currently working closely with the Australian Taxation Office on a new, more flexible and mobile authentication and authorisation solution for our organisations to meet community expectations for better access to government services.
The services replacing AUSkey are:
- myGovID – an authentication service that allows you to prove who you are online.
- Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM) – an authorisation service that allows you to link your myGovID to an ABN and manage who can act on behalf of your business online.
You can continue to use your AUSkey to access online services while myGovID and RAM are being developed, however we encourage you to start learning about myGovID and RAM now. We also recommend taking the following steps to prepare for the transition:
- Review and update existing data in AUSkey Manager to ensure current information is correct. This includes: First Name, Last Name and Date of Birth.
- Review, update and/or remove AUSkey permissions that are not required.
- Review the AUSkey transition support material.
- Keep your ABN details up-to-date to ensure a smooth change for you and your business.
- If you have an administrator AUSkey, check if other nominated AUSkey users are still current.
For more information, please visit https://www.mygovid.gov.au/need-help.
We will be circulating further information leading up to March 2020 in regards to how the Data Exchange will transition to myGovID and RAM.
Minor system enhancements
The Data Exchange released minor system enhancements on 31 August 2019. These included improvements to the Data Exchange ‘search’ functionalities in the web-based portal and flexibility for when service types change. An overview of these changes were circulated on Tuesday 3 September.