Update: 10 February 2021
Data Exchange System Update – February 2021
We have recently made changes to some data items within the Data Exchange to expand the voluntary capture of service information. These changes include the expansion of existing fields and values, and the addition of new fields for Family Law Services programs.
The changes are:
- Service Setting: An additional value of Video was added to the Data Exchange Service Setting field, which can be used to indicate sessions that were delivered via a video service. The current value Digital has been renamed to Online service to better describe those services provided virtually, such as E-learning, self-service and interactive webinars.
- Exit Reason: The Exit Reason field has been expanded from a program specific data item to an optional partnership approach field for all Data Exchange programs, and the list of values have been expanded.
- Property Agreement: New fields have been added for Family Law Service organisations to be able to capture information about Property Agreements.
There are no changes to the mandatory data fields.
For those organisations using File upload or Web Services transmission methods, the changes above have been added to the Data Exchange Staging environment and are available to test. Information regarding these changes, and guidance for use can be found within the updated Data Exchange documentation.
We have released new versions of Data Exchange documents to reflect the above changes to the Data Exchange.
The documents that have been updated are:
- Data Exchange Protocols
- Bulk File Upload Technical Specifications
- Web-Services Technical Specifications
- Recording alternate forms of service delivery
The Program Specific Guidance document has been updated to incorporate updated guidance and changes to Data Exchange programs, including program additions, and removals.
You may have noticed some recent changes to the Data Exchange website. We took time to listen to stakeholders and incorporate feedback received from a recent survey into making the site more user friendly. We have updated the categories available to select when viewing the resources and hope you like the changes.