Using data to improve services and client outcomes
The Data Exchange uses de-identified, aggregate information to look at both short and long term outcomes achieved for clients across a broad suite of programs.
As part of this approach to program performance reporting, information is shared back with service providers to inform best practice and early intervention approaches to front-line service delivery.
The Data Exchange includes a self-service reporting functionality allowing organisations delivering an in-scope program unprecedented access to program performance data, geospatial data and population data from other government data sets.
Reports can be accessed by funded organisations through the ‘Access MyDEX reports’ button in the Data Exchange portal.
The standard reports
All organisations using the Data Exchange have access to their own Organisation overview reports that reflect the operational service delivery and client information collected by their organisation as part of the priority requirements.
The Organisation data quality report provides guidance on key data quality items.
The partnership reporting suite
Organisations participating in the partnership approach have access to an additional suite of sophisticated, interactive self-service reports that provide data on client outcomes, Census data and other population datasets. They allow organisations to analyse the information most relevant to them and filter the data to meet their needs.
The following reports are available:
- The Service footprint report provides the ability to put a road map view to clients accessing services to demonstrate how far clients are travelling to services and how many clients an organisation has supported within the local and out of area regions. Combined with the client demographic profile, an organisation is able to use this information to better target its services and also demonstrate community need.
- The Resource planning report provides a sophisticated overview of the trends in service delivery to assist organisations in business planning and demonstrate to funding agencies the peaks in service delivery.
- The Community profiles report combines a number of national population-level datasets to show a comprehensive picture of selected communities, based on location and themes that match SCORE outcomes. Note there is no Data Exchange data reported by organisations within this report.
- The Client outcomes report demonstrates the SCORE outcomes being reported, and how they may fluctuate over time or between program activities. Outcomes are recorded for individual clients in Circumstances, Goals and Satisfaction.
- The Community outcomes report will be released at a later stage, and will reflect outcomes achieved by community services and groups.
There are a number of training and guidance materials to support Data Exchange users.
- The Reading reports guide provides guidance to organisations on how they might use their self-service reports to interpret and analyse their own data. The guide will be updated as new reports are released.
- For Department of Health users, guidance on the use of Community Home Support Program reports can be accessed via the Reporting for CHSP page.
- Task cards for all Data Exchange reports:
- Webinars provide a visual demonstration of how to use the reports. Future webinars will be advertised via the ‘Find training’ link on the Data Exchange home page. More information on these sessions will also be distributed through the Data Exchange mailing list. You can view past webinars in the Webinar Library.