User access request form
Welcome to the Data Exchange training module – Administrator functions – User Access Request form.
Take the time to familiarise yourself with the navigation guide, then select Next.
The following is navigation information for non-mouse users:
- The space bar is similar to the play/pause button and will play or pause the presentation.
- The left arrow is similar to the back and previous buttons and will go to the previous screen.
- The right arrow is similar to the forward and next buttons and will go to the next screen.
- The tab button will allow you to move through to the different elements on a page and using tab then the enter button will access information within those elements.
- The esc button is similar to the exit button and will exit out of the presentation.
- The end button is similar to the skip button and will skip a section of the presentation.
Select Next to continue.
As an Administrator there are many functions that you can perform for your organisation such as:
- complete a User Access Request form
- add users for your organisation
- create and manage outlets
- bulk upload client, case and session information, and
- access Reference data files.
This module will discuss how to complete the User Access Request form.
For an Administrator, the first step in accessing the Data Exchange is to complete a User Access Request form. This form is submitted to the Data Exchange Helpdesk for approval.
Once approved, an administrator can create additional users through the Data Exchange web-based portal.
Select the icon to open the User Access Request form which is found on the Data Exchange website or select Next to view some handy hints on how to complete this form.
Select a highlighted box to view some hints and when you have viewed them all, select Next:
- Add New User – You only need to use this form to set up an Administrator role in the system. All other roles can be created in the Data Exchange web-based portal.
- Change Existing User – You only need to use this form to change an Administrator role in the system. All other roles can be changed in the Data Exchange web-based portal.
- Deactivate Existing User – You only need to use this form to deactivate an Administrator role in the system. All other roles can be deactivated in the Data Exchange web-based portal.
Type of Access
You must select what type of access is required. Select Data Exchange if you are using the Web-based portal or using Bulk XML file Upload. If your organisation is using System to System transfer select System Account and this will reveal the Software name field for you to complete.
This section is for organisations that are not directly funded through DSS but are a delivery partner, having consortia and sub-contractor arrangements for a lead organisation. For these organisations, you must tick the Delivery Partner box. Please enter the DSS Funding Agreement ID of the Lead Organisation.
Please Note: For those organisations that have direct funding through DSS and are also a delivery partner, you are not required to tick the Delivery Partner box.
DSS Funding Agreement ID
You must enter the correct funding agreement ID; this ID must match what is on your new or most recent grant agreement.
Work Email Address
The work email address to be entered must match the email address that is attached to your AUSkey administrator account.
If you are using this form to set up additional users, the email address must be the same as the new users AUSkey email address.
Please note: you only need to use this form to set up an Administrator role in the system. All other roles can be created in the Data Exchange web-based portal.
This is the second page of the User Access Request form. Select a highlighted box to view some hints and when you have viewed them all, select Next.
Declaration by Requesting Officer
Typing your full name in is the same as an electronic signature. Once all the mandatory fields (they are highlighted red) are completed, select the Email Manager button.
This will pre-load an email for you to send to your manager for approval.
Email Helpdesk button
Once your manager has completed the Declaration of Authorising Officer section, they select the Email Helpdesk button.
This will create an email to the Data Exchange Helpdesk with the form as an attachment. After you have sent the email to the Helpdesk, you will receive notification once your access has been approved.
Please note: that in some cases the Requesting Officer may be the same as the Authorising Officer. In these cases, you are not required to Email Manager.
There is a wealth of information and support material available to assist you in using the Data Exchange effectively. These include the Data Exchange website, the Protocols document, task cards along with other eLearning modules and Helpdesk.
Select the icons below to access these.
Thank you for viewing this information, select Exit to close the module.