AUSkeys and the Data Exchange
Latest update: 25 February 2019
This task card discusses the following information:
- What is an AUSkey?
- Who needs an AUSkey?
- Requesting access to the Data Exchange
- AUSkey compatible browsers
- Clearing your browser’s cache
- Lost or forgotten passwords
- Stay Smart Online
- AUSkey is managed by the Australian Business Register (ABR).
- You must be registered with an AUSkey before you can request access to the Data Exchange.
- Your AUSkey certificate and password will be provided to you via email by your AUSkey Administrator.
- An AUSkey Administrator is different to a Data Exchange Organisation Administrator.
- A Data Exchange Organisation Administrator must complete a User access request form and they can then create additional users.
- Data Exchange Organisation Administrators can create another Data Exchange Organisation Administrator for their organisation.
- Ensure you have an up to date browser.
- You will need to apply for a new AUSkey if you lose or forget your AUSkey or get ‘locked out’.
- Steps should be taken to protect online personal and financial information.