Add a new user
This task card discusses the following information:
- Steps to undertake prior to requesting access
- Access levels
- Step 1 – Access the Manage users link
- Step 2 – Add a new user
- Step 3 – Assign an outlet and program activity to a user
- To assign an outlet to a user
- To assign a program activity to a user
Steps to undertake prior to requesting access
The following access levels within the Data Exchange are available:
- Organisation Administrator (Org administrator) access: Each organisation will need at least one Data Exchange Org Administrator who will set up the organisation details, create and manage users, outlets, program activities and delivery partners. The Org administrator is the first person to access the web-based portal and will maintain user and outlet information.
Org Administration access should be granted to staff members who will be responsible for setting up the Data Exchange, managing users and if applicable, uploading XML files.
NOTE: Data Exchange Org Administrator access can only be granted by the Data Exchange Helpdesk.
- Editor access: A Data Exchange Organisation Editor has access to add and edit records within the web-based portal. Access is restricted to outlets and activities to which the organisation’s Org Administrator has granted access. Editor access should be granted to program and activity delivery staff members that are required to enter data into the Data Exchange.
- View only access: A Data Exchange Organisation View Only user has access to view cases, clients and sessions but cannot enter or edit records. View Only access should be granted to organisation staff members who need information regarding clients, but are not expected to enter information.
Step 1 – Access the Manage users link
As an Org Administrator, log into the Data Exchange web-based portal and select the Manage users link under the My Organisation heading.
Figure 1 – The Manage users link on the Data Exchange web-based home page
The Manage users screen will display.
Figure 2 – Manage Users screen
Step 2 – Add a new user
If already created, a list of existing users will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
If you wish to add a new user to the system, select ADD USER.
The Add user screen will display.
Figure 3 – Add user screen
Table 1 – Add user screen field descriptions (Refer Figure 3)
|Given name||Enter the new user’s given name.|
|Family name||Enter the new user’s family name.|
|Phone||Enter the new user’s work contact phone number.|
|Enter the new user’s work email address.
Note: This email address must match the users AUSkey credentials. If it doesn’t the system will not be able to pair the user to their AUSkey and their access will fail.
|System role||Select the required system role:
|Save||Select Save. The User profile screen will display.|
Complete the required fields and select SAVE.
The User profile screen will display.
Figure 4 – User profile screen
Step 3 – Assign an outlet and program activity to a user
To assign an outlet to a user
Select MANAGE OUTLETS from the User profile screen.
The Manage outlets screen will display.
Figure 5 – Manage outlets screen
- 1. Assign the outlet(s) to the user by checking the tick box(s) next to the relevant outlet(s) name.
- 2. Select ATTACH SELECTED OUTLETS.
Figure 6 – Outlets selected
The outlets will display under the Selected outlets heading.
Once you have assigned the outlet for the user, select <BACK.
Figure 7 – Selected outlets heading
The User profile screen will now display with the assigned outlets.
Figure 8 – User profile screen highlighting outlets attached to a user
To assign a program activity to a user
Select MANAGE PROGRAM ACTIVITES from the User profile screen.
Figure 9 – User profile screen
The Manage program activities screen will display.
- 1. Assign the program activity(s) to the user by checking the tick box(s) next to the relevant program activity(s) name.
- 2. Select ATTACH SELECTED PROGRAM ACTIVITIES.
Figure 10 – Manage program activities screen
The program activities will display under the Selected program activities heading.
Once you have assigned the program activities for the user, select <BACK.
Figure 11 – Selected program activities section
The User profile screen will display with:
- 1. User details
- 2. Linked credentials
- 3. Assigned outlets
- 4. Assigned program activity(s)
- 5. I WANT TO… selection box
Figure 12 – User profile screen
Note: Linked credentials information will update once the user has accessed the Data Exchange web-based portal for the first time.